Monday, April 27, 2015

AN ASSIST FROM A BIRD DOG

I am often asked how I really know what animals are saying and/or doing.   Most of the credit goes to my wonderful spirit and healing guides.  Over the years, I have learned to interpret the images, words and feelings that they send to me through my connection with the animals and I have learned to quiet my mind and clear my vision to receive their gift.

I also receive help from other animals - I call them my Facilitators.  I reach out to them when I encounter an animal who is shy or has trust issues.  They are very helpful when I get stuck.          And sometimes, help comes when I least expect it.

I had a client that was an avid bird hunter and had a wonderful working bird dog I will call Baxter.  I helped Baxter in his later years as he dealt with a life threatening disease.  During that time, my client got another puppy and trained him with Baxter.  After Baxter passed, his new dog was supposedly trained and ready to take over. 

Late one afternoon, I received a frantic call from my client.  His new dog was doing everything expected of him except he would not retrieve the bird.  He went to get it, but would then drop and leave it.  Would I talk to him and make him understand that he was to bring it back?    Let us be very clear - what I know about bird hunting would not impress anyone, but I said that I would try. 

During my session with his dog, I was getting nowhere.  For some reason, he did not understand the concept of ‘bring the bird back’ by my just telling him.  That’s when Baxter’s spirit ‘stepped’ in and told me that he would take over.  And that he did.  When he finished, I thanked him…I thanked the new dog…. and ended our session.

Two days later, my client returned from a hunt and called to thank me so very much for getting through to his dog.  He worked to perfection!  I told him what had happened and that he could thank Baxter….he’s the one that did it all! 

No comments:

Post a Comment